Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can of corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos for a kick(optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked sea salt for a slight smokey flavor
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes prior to serving to let flavors blend. Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to grilled meats.