Barbecued Wild Duck
This wild duck recipe shared by Gloria Wedo of Slayton, MN is served by basting the meat with homemade barbecue sauce. This keeps the poultry nice and moist.
- 2 wild ducks (1 pound each), split in half
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ducks in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Baste ducks with sauce during the last 30 minutes of baking time.