Don’t Forget Your 2016-2017 Minnesota State Park Permit
To enter a Minnesota State Park guests must have a permit. Guests can either purchase a $5 day pass or a year pass for $25. The penalties for not having a pass are around $175 per offense. A year-round permit provides unlimited visits to all 75 Minnesota state parks and recreation areas for a full year from the month of purchase. By purchasing a permit, you help maintain and improve the natural resources, facilities, and education and outreach programs that make Minnesota’s state parks among the best in the nation. Permits are valid for one year from the month of purchase. Plus, you can receive a discount on additional year-round permits for other vehicles you own. Permits include state park boat landings and campgrounds.
In our area we have a few state parks and forests. A year round pass would be perfect with all the time you could spend inside these beautiful parks. A few of the closest ones include Zippel State Park, Franz Jevne State Park, and Beltrami Island State Forest. The outdoor activities you can do in the parks are endless, from fishing, canoeing, hiking, mushroom hunting, biking, camping, etc. Stay informed and be prepared to be stopped and don’t forget to get your permit.
In order to buy a permit you must follow one of two ways:
- DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157 (Twin Cities area)
- Toll free 1-888-MINNDNR (646-6367)
- Any Minnesota state park, and purchase from self-serve kiosk* or the front office
- REI locations in Bloomington, Roseville, and Maple Grove
- Minnesota DNR License Center, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul
- Hennepin County Service Centers in Brooklyn Center, Edina, Maple Grove, Minneapolis, and Minnetonka
- Minnesota’s Bookstore, St. Paul