Fresh Asparagus With Pecans
Very soon we’ll be seeing wild asparagus growing along the roadsides at Lake of the Woods. Seek and Ye Shall Find.
This is one of my family’s favorite special occasion dishes. We all love the fresh taste of asparagus and we know it’s healthy, too! —Jennifer Clark, Blacksburg, Virginia
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted;
- In a large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and oil. Add the asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle asparagus with pecans.