Ham and Potato Soup
- 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- Add all ingredients to list
- Combine potatoes, carrots, green beans, celery, onion, ham, and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in chicken bouillon and pepper.
- Melt butter in a separate saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a with fork and cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk so lumps do not form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.