Lake of the Woods ice fishing season has started!!! Fresh Walleye are never better than in icy waters. Come, drop a line and try this fine recipe from Kitty McCue, St. Louis Park, Minnesota, and published by Taste of Home.
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 45 to 50)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds walleye fillets
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- Optional: Minced fresh parsley and lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg; add honey. In a shallow dish, combine crackers and salt. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in cracker mixture; turn until coated.
- In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes on each side. If desired, top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Photo by Taste of Home