Kabobless Chicken and Vegetables
As the primary caregiver for my grandma, I am trying to cook healthier for her. I am fascinated with Mediterranean cuisine. It is much easier to have chicken and vegetables off the kabob, which inspired this sheet-pan dinner. —Chelsea Madren, Fullerton, California
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon pepper and Italian seasoning. Pour half the marinade into a separate bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil. Drain chicken, discarding that marinade. Place squash, zucchini, carrot and tomatoes in pan in a single layer. Place chicken on top of the vegetables; pour reserved marinade over top. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
1 serving: 305 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.