Lake of the Woods Fishing Report | 4.1.2019
- Good walleye and pike reports for the last week of March.
- The last day to leave fish houses on the lake overnight unattended was March 31.
- Some anglers still ice fishing with collapsible houses.
- Pike action still hot and pre-spawn fish have the feedbag on. 12′ hot depth with live sucker minnows or deadbait on quick strike rigs.
- Walleyes open through April 14, pike season open continuous. Auger extensions needed.
- It’s game on for open water walleye and sturgeon fishing.
- Boat ramps at Birchdale and Frontier open.
- More open water on river daily. Big fish being caught.
- Jigging with a minnow or plastic working well.
- Some trolling crankbaits with success.
- Lots of sturgeon. Remember, catch and release only for walleyes through April 14.
- Catch and release for sturgeon through April 23rd with the keep season starting April 24th.
- A few anglers still ice fishing.
- Walleyes coming from 14-22′.
- Saugers and jumbo perch mixed in. Some big pike being caught as well.
- This time of year, call ahead to resort for daily info and ice conditions.
A complete list of lodging and fishing packages available at www.LakeoftheWoodsMN.com/