Lake of the Woods Fishing Report | 4.29.2019
- Walleye season is closed until the MN Fishing Opener, May 11th.
- Pike and sturgeon are open and reports are excellent.
- Pike season is open all year long.
- Back bays on the lake and river are open and full of pike.
- A combo of big dead baits or slow rolling a spinnerbait, spoon or crankbait are the go-to methods.
- Numerous trophy class pike being caught.
- All pike 30-40″ must be returned with a 3 fish limit and one over 40″.
- Sturgeon fishing has been excellent.
- Lake Sturgeon are bottom feeders and have been active.
- A 3-6 ounce no roll sinker, sturgeon rig and a few nightcrawlers or combo crawlers and frozen emerald shiners.
- The keep season for sturgeon continues through May 7th.
- May 8 – 15, catch and release only.
- May 16 – June 30, sturgeon season closed.
- Open water areas increasing rapidly.
- Open water in the Angle Inlet and between islands.
- Basin ice deteriorating quickly.
- Resorts getting ready for May 11th opener.
A complete list of lodging and fishing packages available at www.LakeoftheWoodsMN.com/