Lake of the Woods Fishing Report | Monday, May 13, 2019
- Walleye season opened with great success.
- Limits of walleyes and saugers plus some big walleyes were found in the river, Four Mile Bay, main basin of the lake.
- Most reported limits, some in a couple of hours.
- The go-to presentation was a jig and minnow.
- Reports of fish in varying depths, but 18-25′ was best.
- The focus shifted Saturday from sturgeon to walleyes.
- As predicted, good numbers of walleyes still in the river and the bite was good.
- Best action was between Baudette and the Wheeler’s Point area.
- Good numbers of walleyes also reported in Four Mile Bay.
- A brightly colored jig and frozen shiner hard to beat. Strong current in river, thus anglers up-sized jigs.
- Sturgeon are active and open through May 15th. May 16 – June 30, the season closes and opens again July 1st.
- Anglers boated around a few lingering ice chunks to find walleyes.
- The best bite was a jig and minnow adjacent to shoreline structure, points and neck down areas.
- Evening bite was best.
- Saugers, pike and perch were also in the mix.
A complete list of Lake of the Woods lodging available at www.LakeoftheWoodsMN.com/