Lake of the Woods Fishing Report | Monday, May 20, 2019
- Excellent walleye action continues along the south shore.
- Limits of walleyes and saugers in Four Mile Bay, Lighthouse gap, Morris Point gap, and along the south shore of the lake.
- The go-to presentation is anchored up and jigging with a jig and minnow.
- Pink and gold strong colors.
- Some anglers were trolling crankbaits and also doing well.
- Reports of fish in varying depths, but 15-25′ holding good fish.
- Good numbers of walleyes still in the river and some nice fish being caught.
- Bright jigs and frozen shiner hard to beat.
- Strong current in the river, thus heavier jigs necessary.
- Sturgeon season is closed until July 1st when it re-opens for the catch season again.
- Anglers were catching nice walleyes as the water warms.
- Reports of nice fish coming from shoreline structure and areas with current.
- Most anglers using jig and minnow.
- Evening bite continues strong. Saugers, pike and perch were also in the mix.
A complete list of lodging available at www.LakeoftheWoodsMN.com/