Lake of the Woods Fishing Report | Monday, May 27, 2019
- Walleye fishing on fire.
- Nice schools of walleyes in many locations around the lake from Lighthouse Gap to Rocky Point and up to islands.
- Most anchored and jigging with minnows and frozen shiners.
- Gold combined with pink, yellow, chartreuse and orange all productive.
- Reports of fish in varying depths 15-30′.
- Walleyes still in the river and some nice fish being caught.
- Although most walleye anglers target the lake, the river has walleyes along with smallmouth bass, pike and sturgeon.
- From the mouth of the river to Birchdale there are 42 miles of a beautiful river to fish.
- Sturgeon season opens July 1st for the catch season again.
- Walleye fishing excellent.
- Reports of nice fish coming from island and shoreline structure such as points and areas with current.
- Walleyes in shallows to deeper areas.
- Most anglers using jig and minnow.
- Gold by itself or combined good color choice best.
- Saugers, pike and perch also in the mix.
A complete list of lodging and fishing packages available at www.LakeoftheWoodsMN.com/