Northwest Angle Edge Riders Snow Rally – Saturday, March 2nd
The Northwest Angle Edge Riders Snowmobile Club will hold their 18th annual Snow Rally on Saturday, March 2nd at Sunset Lodge on Oak Island. Follow the ice road from Young’s Bay, or ride snowmobile across the lake from the surrounding communities – watch for the rally signs.
The Sunset Lodge staff is excited to see the community come together to support a good cause. The Angle locals take their winter recreation seriously, and the Snow Rally is the pinnacle of the winter season!
The main rally activities will all take place in the lodge this year, complete with plentiful seating, bars, and a BBQ themed rib/pulled pork lunch with coleslaw and beans. There are a variety of activities for adults and kids of all ages, including the annual Goosebump Jump ice-water plummet, snowmobile radar run, broom ball, sledding hill, bombardier rides and a bonfire.
The floor raffle is offering dozens of great prizes from generous sponsors all over Central and Northern Minnesota – 76 businesses donated items to be given away in door prizes & raffles throughout the day. As the grand prize, the club is excited to raffle off a 2019 Polaris 800 Titan Adventure 155. Other raffle prizes include:
- Browning X-Bolt Eclipse Varmint Rifle .223 – Streiff’s
- Traeger Pro 22 Grill – Home of Economy
- Quickfish 5i Fish House and P1R08 Ice Auger – Eskimo
- Handmade Quilt – Barb Haggenmiller
- 20” 18 kt White Gold Diamond Heart Neckless – Continental Diamond
- Musky Fishing Trip for 2 – Joe Cooper
- Ice Fishing Trip for 3 – Eric Grundahl
- 2 Night/4 person Stay – Young Bay Resort
- Amish Rocking Chair – Home of Economy
- Ski Plane Tour of the Angle – Ronnie Davidson
The rally weekend schedule is as follows:
- 4PM – Trail Ride, Island Trails, Resort Tour
Saturday, Rally 3/2:
- 11AM – 4PM: Main rally hours – BBQ lunch & raffles throughout the day
- 1PM – 3PM: Snowmobile radar run & resort bombardier races
- 2PM – 3PM: Bombardier rides for the kids
- 3PM – Goose bump jump
- 4PM – Grand prize drawing
- 10AM – Ice road trip to Kenora – lunch at LOTW Brewery (Self-paced on your own).
The annual rally event continues to be the club’s primary fundraiser for the maintenance and development of more than 152 miles of land and lake trails. The Edge Riders maintain, mark and groom this network of trails which serves as a hub connecting trails from Roseau, Warroad, Roosevelt, Williams, Baudette and Beltrami to the Can-Am Trail, Kenora, West Hawk, Falcon Lake and other more northern points.