Summer Avacado Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; cover and refrigerate 15-20 minutes. Add avocado; toss gently. Sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 186 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.