**Recipe courtesy of Dan Stephanich Outdoors
- 2 Flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup sour cream
- half stick butter
- 5 red potatoes
- 1 Pound bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Pound Ground deer burger
- In large bowl combine flour and slat. Add in beaten egg, sour cream and softened butter. Mix for 5 minutes.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes.
- To prepare the stuffing, start with cooking the bacon and crumble. Dice and cook the oinion in the bacon grease.
- Brown the ground venison and crumble.
- Boil the potatoes, then peel and smash in a bowl.
- Add the bacon, browned burger, onions and cheddar cheese and mix with the potatoes. This is the stuffing.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a flat floured surface to about an 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a circular cookie cutter or glass, cut the dough into cirlces.
- Place some stuffing on to the round circle of dough, fold in half, and press the edges together with a fork to seal it to form the pierogis.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and place the pierogis in the boiling water until they float to the top.
- When they float, remove them from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and place on a plate to dry.
- Now you can cook the pierogis in a frying pan with oil and butter. Cook them until golden brown and crispy, flipping them once.
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, then serve with sour cream.
- You can also freeze the boiled pierogis until ready to cook at a later date.