Pumpkin Snack Cake
Pumpkins are dotting the landscape during this fall season and letting our eyes feast on their beauty. However, let’s harvest those pumpkins for some great recipes. Here’s one.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.