Barbecued Wild Duck
Our three grown sons request finger-licking wild duck recipes each fall, especially this recipe. Basting with the homemade barbecue sauce keeps the poultry nice and moist. —Gloria Wedo, Slayton, Minnesota
- 2 wild ducks (1 pound each), split in half
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ducks in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Baste ducks with sauce during the last 30 minutes of baking time.