Blackened Tilapia with Zucchini Noodles
Even though this recipe calls for Tilapia, I believe Lake of the Woods Walleye would actually be the very best for taste. Try it!!
- 2 large zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Trim ends of zucchini. Using a spiralizer, cut zucchini into thin strands.
- Mix cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, smoked paprika, pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle mixture generously onto both sides of tilapia. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook zucchini with garlic over medium-high heat until zucchini is slightly softened, 1-2 minutes, tossing constantly with tongs (do not overcook). Sprinkle with remaining salt. Serve with tilapia and pico de gallo.