Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
There’s still plenty of winter ahead, so warm yourself with this Wild Rice Soup. Wild Rice is grown and harvested in Lake of the Woods County.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Optional: Minced chives and oyster crackers
- In a large saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions. Add the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon and, if desired, minced fresh chives and oyster crackers.