Cooking Burbot by Food Guide Pro
Burbot is a type of freshwater fish that is similar to cod and has a firm, white flesh that is ideal for cooking. Here’s a simple recipe for cooking burbot fish:
- 1 pound burbot fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Melt the butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the burbot fillets to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the fish is lightly browned. OR
- Add the white wine, chicken broth, and heavy cream to the skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish the fish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
You can serve the burbot with a variety of sides, such as steamed vegetables, rice, or a simple salad. Enjoy!
Photo by Food Guide Pro