Hurry-Up Ham and Noodles
Great Use for that leftover Easter Ham.
This basic dish is ready to serve in almost the time it takes to cook the noodles. It’s super for a luncheon or anytime I’m in a hurry. —Lucille Howell, Portland, Oregon
- 5 to 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add the ham, cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, until heated through. Drain noodles; add to ham mixture. Toss to coat; heat through.
1-1/2 cups: 619 calories, 43g fat (25g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1154mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.