Lake of the Woods Fishing Report | Tuesday, July 17, 2019
- An excellent week of summer fishing.
- Jigging with frozen shiners or leeches effective as is drifting spinners with crawlers.
- Main depths are still 29-32′.
- Basin is starting to load up with walleyes, some nice fish this week on crankbaits.
- Various bites happening from structure to mud, from east to west.
- The key, find the fish.
- A mixed bag for anglers fishing the river and Four Mile Bay.
- Pulling spinners and jigging depending upon if you are covering water or fishing a spot.
- Some walleyes in Four Mile Bay along the river channel edge.
- Smallies still coming from rocky areas, weed beds and bridges.
- Sturgeon keep season July 1st – Sep 30.
- A great week of walleye fishing.
- Drifting spinners west of Little Oak still producing a combo of eaters and slots.
- Hammered gold and silver blades strong.
- As summer progresses, some walleyes still on structure, some over mud.
- Jigging and pulling spinners on and around reefs in 16-24′ producing walleyes in Ontario.
- Good fishing continues for smallmouth bass, big pike and muskies.
A complete list of LOTW lodging available at