Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Blueberry season is upon us very soon at Lake of the Woods. MLG
Baking mix makes this lemon blueberry coffee cake extra quick to make. Fresh blueberries, lemon peel and a quick glaze really perk up the flavor. —Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine egg, sugar, lemon zest and milk; mix well. Stir in biscuit mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Garnish with additional blueberries. Cut into wedges.
Photo by Taste of Home