Martha’s Fish Tacos
We can’t get enough barbecued fish at our house. This recipe can be made ahead and served cold, or you can eat it hot off the grill. It’s fantastic either way! —Martha Benoit, Proctorsville, Vermont
Ingredients- Try these with Walleye or Sauger
- 2 large ears sweet corn, husked
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 haddock fillet (8 ounces)fish
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Spread corn with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon chili powder. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill fish, covered, over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 7-9 minutes.
- Cool corn slightly; remove kernels from cobs. Place in a large bowl. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, taco sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, lime zest and the remaining chili powder.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice over fish; cut into 1/2-in. cubes.
- Add fish to corn mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla. Serve immediately.