This will be a great dish to take to the ice house to warm those stomachs while catching your favorite fish at Lake of the Woods!
This meatball soup recipe is a hearty meal. It’s great for chilly days. —Sue Miller, Walworth, Wisconsin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup uncooked tiny shell pasta
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Brown meatballs in a large saucepan; drain. Add broth, beans, tomatoes, carrot and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta; simmer until meat is no longer pink and pasta is tender, 10 minutes longer. If desired, top with minced fresh parsley and additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Freeze Option: Divide cooled soup in individual portions; freeze up to 3 months.