Please do not start any practice before your plots have been pointed out to you by the Practice Marshall in charge! No practice is allowed outside the designated hours or plots unless allowed by the Head Stewarts.
Each competitor will be issued 3 official sighting poles. No other sighting poles are allowed. The sighting poles will be distributed at the start of the official practice.
Draw for Practice Plots
The draw for practice plots will take place on August 25th, 2019.
Briefing of Competitors
After the draw for practice plots the competitors will be briefed with information regarding the practice fields, rules and infringements. The responsible teams for the Marshaling Yard, Practice Marshals, Plough Inspection team and Head Stewards will be introduced. Competitors MUST attend. Coaches, Judges and Board Members are advised to attend.
The prevention of all accidents, particularly those involving personal injury or damage to equipment and property is paramount. Competitors need to be aware that the instructions of the marshaling yard Supervisor and Parade Directors MUST BE OBEYED! Competitors will be penalized if they do not comply with safety rules during practice and contest days.
National requirements of safety: No work on the raised plough! PLOUGH MUST STAND on the floor or be supported.
The WPO commits itself to the implementation and enforcement of the host country’s policy statement and the Head Stewards will ensure that the following basic procedures are strictly enforced:
- No passengers will be allowed to ride on tractors or ploughs.
- Tractors should preferably be fitted with safety cabs or roll-over bars.
- Eye-protection goggles and gloves must be worn when using cutting/sharpening/grindingmachines.
- Eye-protection shields and/or preferably welding booths should be used when electrical welding, to minimize the risk of glare to all.
- Electrical equipment should be properly fitted and installed. Particular care should be taken to ensure that electrical extension cables are not run-over by tractors and other vehicles.
- The sharp edges of spare upstanding disc coulters must be guarded. These should be taken to ensure that electrical extension cables are not run-over by tractors and other vehicles.
- All ploughs must have a support when a competitor is working underneath.
- Extra tractor wheels not mounted on the tractor must be laid flat down on headland.
The instructions of the marshaling yard Supervisor and Parade Directors MUST BE OBEYED! Competitors will be penalized if they do not comply with safety rules during practice and contest days.
TAKE PRECAUTIONS TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS! THE SAFETY CODE MUST BE OBEYED!
The marshaling yard is located on the grounds close to the ploughing plots. It will open at set times during the event. Tractors will be parked only inside the marshaling yard. Security staff will be on duty during the night.
The practice fields are located close to the Contest fields.
Pre Practice Land
The host organization committee is assisting to arrange pre practice land for interested countries. The land for unofficial practice is very similar to the land for the contest and is approximately 60 m wide x 50 m long.
Cost for pre practice land:
1. Grassland Plot $125 USD per plot
2. Stubbleland plot $125 USD per plot
All lots are based on availability
Prepare for return shipment:
September 1 st , 2019