San Francisco Pork Chops
This recipe is named San Francisco, but why not try preparing it before you go fishing on Lake of the Woods. Come home to a wonderful meal all ready to go!!
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a 3- to 4-qt. slow cooker. Add garlic to drippings; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Return chops to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.