- 4 bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 walleye fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and crab in butter until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the stuffing, water, salt, pepper and cayenne; toss to moisten.
- Place fillets in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon stuffing mixture over fillets; top each with 2 pieces of bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
1 each: 713 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 279mg cholesterol, 1651mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 61g protein.