Tasty Onion Chicken
The secret to this French onion chicken is the yummy, crunchy coating that keeps the meat juicy and tender. Round out your meal with green beans and buttermilk biscuits. —Jennifer Hoeft, Thorndale, Texas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Place onions in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 11×7-in. baking dish; drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
1 chicken breast half: 460 calories, 36g fat (18g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.