The Season is upon us!! Venison is a great meat to enjoy this time of year. It is one of the leanest meats to use. Enjoy your hunt and enjoy the great flavor of one of best tastes from the outdoors.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 venison tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 9 ingredients; add fillets and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
1 each: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.