- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 venison tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 9 ingredients; add fillets and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
1 each: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.